Saturday, June 26, 2010

Heaven on Earth




So we found boy heaven. A place on the Earth where all the stars align and my little boys are in absolute bliss. Where the sand and water are warm and the tanks roam free all day. Yes that's right I said TANKS! We spent one fantastic day at Camp Pendleton, with my sister and brother-in-law who were camping for the whole week. On the way down I was explaining to the boys that we were going to a beach where they could see soldiers and tanks. Their response to that was, "Why haven't we been to that beach BEFORE!" Like I was holding out on this big secret. All day long they were calling it the Army Beach, I gave up on explaining what a Marine was. Harrison played in the water pretty much the entire day while Frankie stuck to the sand (and the sand stuck to him). Then we all went back to camp and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. I don't think my kids have ever played so hard or been so happy. But now my fear is that just the plain old regular beach will pale in comparison.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! How fun that you were able to spend a day with the cousins before their big move to Utah.

    ReplyDelete